Skip to main content
1846 E. Innovation Park Dr. Suite 100, Oro Valley, AZ 85755 | (520) 334-1150
by Arizona Registered Agent LLC

Arizona Foreign Corporation Registration

Arizona Foreign Corporation

If you are a corporation based in a state other than Arizona and want to transact business in Arizona, you will need a Certificate of Authority to operate in Arizona. This is obtained by filing as a foreign corporation with the Corporations Division of the Arizona Secretary of State. After you submit your forms, the State of Arizona will return a completed certificate of authority to you. A foreign Arizona corporation should not be confused with an out-of-country corporation. Any corporation not actually formed (created) in Arizona is called a foreign corporation.

We charge for the state filing fees plus $100 to prepare and submit the foreign Arizona corporation Certificate of Authority form with the Arizona Secretary of State, Corporations Division. We will also obtain the documentation needed from your home state of incorporation to file your documents.

If you want to submit the paperwork yourself: you just need to sign up for our registered agent service in Arizona and the foreign corporation form is already in your online account immediately. There are also some submission tips on how to submit your paperwork with the state. Your business needs to have a registered agent in Arizona anyway, so we try to make this a simple process for you, whether you want us to do the filing or you want to do the filing yourself.

How Do I Get Started?

Simply sign up for our registered agent service first. Next, you can look at the form for foreign corporations in your account online and also at the included filing tips. If you decide not to do the filing yourself, you can click the “Add services” tab from your account, and add our filing services for $100 plus the state filing fees. You can see real time status of our work in progress in your online account at all times. After we are done with your foreign corporation registration in Arizona, we always store the filing to your client account, email you a copy, and send you the original filed documents by mail.